Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

jack the ripper letters

Go down 
3 posters

do you think that the letters were fake if so which one?
the Dear boss letter
jack the ripper letters Vote_lcap40%jack the ripper letters Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
the saucy jack
jack the ripper letters Vote_lcap40%jack the ripper letters Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
from hell
jack the ripper letters Vote_lcap20%jack the ripper letters Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's co-pilot
shikaruchan

jack the ripper letters Empty
PostSubject: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:04 pm

jack the ripper letters DearBossletterJacktheRipper
25 september 1888
Dear Boss.
I keep on hearing the police have caught me,but they won't fix me just yet. I have laughed when they looked so clever and talked about being on the right track.that joke about leather apron gave me real fits,I'm down on whores and i shan't quit ripping them till I do get buckled.Grand job the last one was I gave the lady no time to squeal again how can they catch me now,I love my work and want to start again.You will soon hear of me and my funny little games,I saved some of the proper red stuff in a ginger beer bottle over the last job to write with but it went thick like glue and I can't use it,red ink is fit enough I hope HA HA
The next job i do i shall clip the lady's ears off and send

jack the ripper letters Dear_Boss_pt2
it to the police officers just for jolly wouldn't you,
keep this letter back till I do abit more work then give it out straight,
my knife's so nice and sharp I want to get to work right away if I get a chance.
Good luck
Yours Truly
Jack The Ripper
Don't mind me giving the trade name

wasn't good enough to post this before I got all of the red ink off my hands.
curse it
no luck yet they say I'm a doctor now HA HA

jack the ripper letters Saucy_Jack_front
jack the ripper letters File:SaucyJackPostcard

I was not kidding dear old Boss,when I gave you the tip you'll hear about saucy jacky's work tomorrow,double event this time number one squealed abit couldn't finish straight off,had not got time to get ears off for police,Thanks for keeping last letter back till i got to work again.
Jack The Ripper

Sir
I send you half the Kidney I took from one women preserved it for you tother piece I fried and ate it was very nice. I may send you the bloody knife that took it out if you only wait a while longer
signed
Catch me when you can Mister Lusk
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I personally believe that none of the letters were from Jack. I mean, they've traced the original possibly back to a journalist who wrote it for an interesting story in the press, and the name was so clever that it stuck. The only one that could have been real was the From Hell letter since it rejects the name 'Jack the Ripper' and it contained a surprisingly well fitting kidney, but that said, I don't think it was from the killer. I don't think JtR was that kind of person to write taunting letters to the police and the attention that he liked to attract was from the effect of leaving the bodies open and gutted for someone to stumble upon on the streets.
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:46 pm

But if he wanted and liked to leave his victims out in the open like that, wouldnt he also be the kind of person to taunt the police. Like, "Oh, Im right here, try to catch me, but I know you cant." kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
shikaruchan
shikaruchan

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:15 am

iheartslashers wrote:
But if he wanted and liked to leave his victims out in the open like that, wouldnt he also be the kind of person to taunt the police. Like, "Oh, Im right here, try to catch me, but I know you cant." kind of thing.
yes but the only one that seems real is the from hell letter,because if you look at it its ether got to be from the body in question OR the person wanted to play a sick and deranged joke and buy said kidney piece from a hospital/academical place or a body snatcher(i highly doubt the body snatcher bit because in every movie that scene is always portrayed when they open the box to the kidney being all bloody and fresh and what not)
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeah, even though he left the bodies out in the open, I think it was less in a taunting kind of sense, and was more let's say, he wanted to deliver a kind of shock to the public and whoever found the body. Plus, leaving it out in the open makes it a lot easier for Jack, and without the modern aid of forensics, there was little to lose between leaving it and hiding it. It wasn't like he wanted to keep it secret either - I think he just wanted a woman to rip, and view the reactions to his mutilations on other people. I think he would have had pleasure in what he saw the day after with the knowledge that he had created this huge hype. God knows what went on in his mind, but we can try and get an idea.
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:33 pm

On the issue of the kidney being fresh in the movies, what if Jack ate the kidney soon after he cut it out? Then it wouldnt be found, and Jack could truthfully say that he had eaten it.
Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:34 pm

It's strange that the kidney is always portrayed as being freshly cut in the movies. Surely if Jack sent it to them via the post, it would have come at least a little mangled as it would be at least a day old, and I think a lot of the oozing blood would have dried up and gone brown, if you know what I mean. Although I cannot say it is something I've ever done. I think making it look fresh seems more sinister in the movies as things are usually hyped up a little to make them more dramatic.

But about Jack eating the organs, I think it's quite likely that he ate them. I know that a lot of serial killers of Jack's nature eat the organs, proably quite soon after as they didn't have fridges then to preserve the food and it would have had to be eaten quite fresh or the meat would go bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jack the ripper letters   jack the ripper letters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

jack the ripper letters
Page 1 of 1