Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Empty
PostSubject: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:05 am

A documentary that I found to be extremely good. Thought I'd post it here. (May only work for people living in Britain as I have noticed, so apologies to all those affected.) Enjoy!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Mordke--
There were a number of good and bad programs and speculations in the late 1980's with the Ripper Centennial. One I remember, which the still above suggests, appeared in a multipart series on USA educational tv. Each episode ended with a little teaser leading to the next one. Was more analytical than dramatic and I'm afraid I missed a lot of it due to other nighttime escapades.
Since it won't open, what's the original air date of the program? Also, is it several hours long?
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm

TT not available in my country...

LOL that's the first time I've been told that EVER XD
Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Erm, I have to think back. It was around January I think, but I'll have to look it up. It was on Channel 5 in the UK. It's worth seeing - Brilliant doccumentary with people from CaseBook and JtRForums helping to create it. It's a shame you can't see it outside of the UK, but I believe they're releasing a DVD of it sometime this summer.
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:50 am

^^ Great!
Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Shame there's no Definitive List on all the Jack documentaries, particularly pre www days.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Yes - I would like that very much. Perhaps we could attemt to create one here. I mean, I don't know the names of many but we could create a new thread for this.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Mordke--totally irrelevant--but is that homicidal lemur opposite Jack?
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Error--" 'a' homicidal lemur..."
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:21 pm

Oh, that?! *Dies of laughter* That's King Julien, you know from the show 'The Penguins of Madagascar?' And from the Madagascar movies? I also have a strange obsession with that - and I thought that picture of him with knives was hilarious! x'D
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:51 pm

My kids got too old and I lost the excuse I used to see those films. Once I get grandchildren I can buy the DVD to watch with them.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Hit send too fast--may have recognized the bugger from tv ads. Subliminal remembrance.
Back to top Go down
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 pm

I was so very close to seeing this at the movie theatre! Too bad it was too late.
It was premered for an event near Halloween, with some other movie but I forgot what it was. I was just paying attention to the JtR part!
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh wow! They were showing this at the movies? I'm not surprised though; it's really good for representing the true Jack the Ripper that so many sources of media fail to capture. I mean, the acting isn’t all great, but the producers made it rather humorous, with mention to places such as ‘Piss alley’ and making sure to take the time to mention key details such as ‘urine infections.’ X’D It’s a shame you missed out on seeing it, but hopefully you’ll be able to find access to it in the future as I doubt it will be just another one of those forgotten documentaries. This one stands out a lot from the others.
Back to top Go down
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 pm

I really hope too see it as well. I've been trying to put it on my I-Pod but it just doesn't want me to load it. Keep in mind all the other videos I have put on it went on without a problem. It's the only darn video....I'm also very disapointed that the full film is not viewable to the United States.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:43 pm

It's a shame you can't view it in the US! ><" I'm very lucky to be situated in the UK where youtube can simply play it. Hmmm... Perhaps it's Jacky in terms of your IPod!? x'DD Either that or it's just one of those little glitches that annoyingly strike you down once and a while.
Back to top Go down
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:57 pm

I know your so luck for that! I've always wished to live in the UK ironically. That's what I was thinking, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 am

Well, where I live, I am rather close to JtR's old living space anyway. But for some reason I don't feel right living in the UK anymore.

Oh noes! The horror of perhaps not being able to watch the documentary anymore! I tried to download it off youtube, but the channel 5 blocked it sure to copyright I presume with their special channel features, plus the adverts inbetween are really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 am

I would love to go live in that area. It's like a dream of mine! We should switch places. I don't like the US much.

I guess Jacky doesn't want either of us watching it. Darn him and his mysteriousness...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story   Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack the Ripper - The Definitive Story
Page 1 of 1