Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Podcasts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

Podcasts Empty
PostSubject: Podcasts   Podcasts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:00 am

A while ago there was a very interesting podcast called "Call Me Jack" which included Sickert. Sadly they never continued it after the second episode. It's done in a play manner. I highly recommend listening to it. It really sets you back in the times!
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

Podcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcasts   Podcasts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:15 pm

I might look that up actually! Even though I highly doubt him as a suspect, the part you mentioned about capturing the real essence of the time leaves me intrigued, and a play manner sounds like it really tells the story well, which is what I love about history. Thank you for informing me of this! I would never have heard of it otherwise!
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

Podcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcasts   Podcasts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:12 pm

I don't believe him to be much of a suspect either; but then again I don't like to put out much of my opinion on it. I find the whole mystery fun in itself. I'm not very sure if they put Sickert as Jacky though. (Last time I listened to it was maybe a year or two ago) I think they put Jacky as the man that Sicker met at the party. This explanation also works. I heard of some cases were they didn't exactly think that Sickert was the suspect but he may have aided the criminal. I really like how they get into the actual setting in 1888. It didn't just start with a whole bunch of people in the time, they led into the time. Funny thing also is in this version, Jacky may have had syphilis. I love how just all the possibilities differ. Well anyways I hope you enjoy listening to it!
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

Podcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcasts   Podcasts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:35 pm

I love how there are so many stories to what could have happened, and who the Ripper was. It just seems to me to be the most fascinating murder case in History, what with the mystery attached to it! It sounds like this has a good start to it then! I've always wanted to create a film or book about Jack the Ripper, starting from when he was little and what changed him into who he became - I've often developed sympathies for Jacky; in reality he was quite possibly as much of a victim as his victims were to the world.
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
Dear Boss
Witness
Witness
Dear Boss

Podcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcasts   Podcasts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 am

I know I love it as well! I keep a large book about him in my locker at school. I usually read it if I have the time during a free. I've just skimed and flip to certain parts that I'm more interested in. Funny, I've been trying to work on a book about him as well. I've been stuck on the first chapter for a very long time now. I just work on it when it "comes" to me. Also I'm not much of a writer. I beleive that he was very much a victim, the poor man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Podcasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Podcasts   Podcasts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Podcasts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum :: Suspects :: Walter Snicket-
Jump to: