Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Walking the dog 1889

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

Walking the dog 1889 Empty
PostSubject: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Walking the dog 1889 Kosmin10
Here you can see the article where Aaron is arrested for walking and unmuzzled dog in (Which was illegal in those times) and a slight description of the court case that followed. Aaron was fined 10 shillings, about 50p for the incident, and we can see that he was being quite cheeky by refusing to pay the money on the Sunday (Sabbath day), also claiming that the dog wasn't his and that it belonged to a friend. Also there was the mix up between names, where his brother states that he goes under Abrahams (since that was the name his family were changing it to instead of Kosminski, apparently because it was difficult to spell, but may have done so for other reasons because of his identification as a suspect.) Interesting to note is that policemen managed to catch him doing this, so was he being watched by city ID?

Here is the transcription

Aaron Kosminski was summoned for a similar offence. Police constable Borer said that he saw the defendant with an unmuzzled dog, and when asked his name gave that of Aaron Kosminski, which his brother said was wrong, as his name was Abrahams. –Defendant said that the dog was not his, and his brother said it was found more convenient here to go by the name of Abrahams, but his name was Kosminski. – Sir Polydore de Keyaer imposed a fine of 10s. and costs, which the defendant would not pay as it was the Jewish Sunday, and it was not right to pay money on Sunday. He was given till Monday to pay. Lloyd’s Weekly Newspaper – Sunday, December 15, 1889
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:29 pm

50p? That's about 80 USD. That's seems a bit much for walking a dog without a muzzle.
Also, I'm just curious, why was he walking his friend's dog?
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:57 pm

I have no idea... I'll have to ask him. XD LOL
And yeah, 50p was a lot then! I think it was silly - and no wonder he was so unwilling to pay it! But he was being cheeky! XD And the policemen appeared to degrade him a little too when writing that - seems to be in a little sarastic tone.
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 am

That just makes me wanna give him a hug. Being an animal person, I find that kinda cute!
Back to top Go down
http://star-the-ripper.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:29 am

Aww! Same here!

Turns out if was most probably Jacob's dog, who was his brother Woolf's business partner for a while and it seems like Aaron was given the errund of walking it for him, but forgot to or deliberately didn't muzzle it. I wonder what type of dog it was though; possibly one of those scrawny muts you saw running round Whitechapel at the time.
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 pm

No matter what type of dog, or who's it's still adorable. It sounds like the kinda thing I'd get ticketed for if I lived in those days.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah! I find it so sweet that some guy who's a prime JtR suspect is suddenly all mushy over a dog! xD It's just adorable and wuite a silly thing to get a fine over. They laughed at him in the courts - I have exactly what he said written down in my Kozminski book and I can dig it out if you want! It's quite cute! *V*
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Sure, would love to hear what it said.

You have a Kozminski book? As in a book someone else wrote about him or one that you put together with random Aaron Kozminski facts?
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 am

AARON KOZMINSKI also appeared to a summons for having a dog unmuzzled in Cheapside. When spoken to by the police he gave a wrong aname and address. Defendant: I goes by the name of Abrahams sometimes, because Kozminski is hard to spell. (Laughter.) The defendant called his brother, who corroborated that part of the evidence which related to his name. The Alderman said he would have to pay a fine of 10s., and costs. Defendant: I cannot pay; the dog belongs to Jacobs; it is not mine. The Alderman: It was in your charge, and you must pay the fine, and if you have no goods on which to distrain you will have to go to prison for seven days.

There's the other part of it, with written down his exact words! <3

It's a book that Rob House published all about Aaron Kozminski and evidence for him being Jack the Ripper. It's AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 am

You know what? You should totally draw him walking that dog! How cute would that be? Or maybe instead of sending organs to the police he should have fed him to the dog. Maybe that's what happened to the other organs that were unaccounted for.

But personally I don't think he sent that kidney to the cops though. Just comparing that letter to the 'Dear Boss' letter and 'Saucy Jacky' post card the writing style is way too diff. In those two on the other hand the writing is actually very similar, though it looks like in the 'Dear Boss' one he was much more relaxed and focused, while in the 'Saucy Jacky' (super cute name for him might I add) one he seemed much more rushed. Though the writing is still similar enough to assume it could have been written by the same person.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:12 am

OMG! I should! That would be like, the cutest thing ever, although I should put a twist to it because I like to do that in my drawings! >:3 I think he might have eaten the missing organs - for killers of his time, namingly lust killers, it's not uncommon for the serial killer to eat his victim's organs, as sick as it sounds.

I don't think he sent any of the letters either. JtR wasn't like that, and the shock he liked to give to people was through leaving the bodies out. What I did think he wrote was the Goulston Street Graffitio which would make sense if Aaron Kozminski was Jack the Ripper. If you ever get to read the Kozminski book, I would highly reccomend it! Everything seems to fit!

I think they concluded that the Saucy Jacky post card was from the same person as the 'Dear Boss' letter, and I think they tracked down a journalist with the same handwriting! x'D But I LOVE the nickname saucy Jacky for him too!

Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 am

I need to get that book. I also need to get 'From Hell The Final Days of Jack The Ripper' read about it a bit and it sounds like a great read.

I used to always believe he wrote the 'Dear Boss' and 'Saucy Jacky' ones. Though after more reading into it, I am not so sure. But I do love the 'Dear Boss' letter. Have it memorized word for word. Michael gives me funny looks when I decided to recite it.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm

The book's called 'Jack the Ripper and the case for Scotland Yard's prime suspect' And it's by Rob House, forward by Roy Hazelwood. I've not heard of the other book yet, so I'll look into it! There are never too many Ripper books you can have! xD

I've always thought it would have been epic if he had written them, and would have given an insite into the killer's mindset, but simple details like who it was sent to (Only people working for the press would have known that) make me think otherwise. I think I read somewhere that they asked Kozminski if he had written any of the letters and he said no. I'm not sure where that source came from though, since I didn't read it in Rob's book. LOL for memorizing the whole letter! xD I need to do that! :DDD Yay for funny looks; I get them all the time too, like when I had a mini spazz moment when I found out that slavery ended in the USA in 1865, the same year when Aaron was born! ROFL
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Animals were viewed differently then. Vivesection was legalized in 1876; maybe the government wanted to make sure dogs couldn't exress their displeasure over being snatched for experimentation.
Was AMK a dog lover? Or was he just being dutiful?
Roger Zelazney book A Night in the Lonesome October had Jack as the hero fighting the return of the Elder Gods along with a host of Victorian era fictional creatures--and his sentinent companion(I think the 'author') was a dog.
Can't you just see AMK coming home after a messy night and being licked clean of troublesome evidence by his true friends?
Maybe a tiny dog in coat pocket to charm the ladies?
Artists: prepare your palettes! Jack and his pups await your interpretation!
(I never got past stick people, mind you)
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 pm

I know the reason why dogs had to be muzzled then was due to the outbreak of rabies in the East End, and this measure would reduce this risk considerably.

We can never be sure whether Aaron liked dogs or not, but I think it was most likely his job to walk Jacob's dog for some extra money he could spend on alcohol most probably.

OMG! Thank you!! That's too hilarious!! I must draw this tomorrow if Summer homework doesn't get in the way! You've given me images! xDDDD
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:50 am

Speaking of Jack and dogs, I had a picture that I never finished of Alex and Jack with a pit bull. Drew it back in Nov of 09 when I picked up Eevee, the first dog I rescued. :)

But that's two more books to add to my 'need to read' list.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Hazelwood says the information available points to AMK. As a top profiler,he's probably right. I've had some police people who've had contacts with him(cases or schools) say the FBI's profiling unit is extremely accurate IF the perpetrator is a white male. That's because white male serial killers/sadists are what their information is based on. They can practically give you an address if there's several good scenes and reports.
If it's not a white male, the conclusions get screwy.
Now if Jack were a Jane, confusion would reign. The detectives would have defective results. After all, no woman in her right mind would be capable of such mayhem.
Right. My grandma did all the hog butchering chores except hoisting them up and sawing the spine in half. Pretty gruesome. She said it was because she could do it right and was real handy with a knife.
Nobody messed with grandma.

Please use the edit button! ~Mordke
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:14 am

That would be a nice picture to see! I can't wait for it!

Yeah - Aaron Kozminski fits both the criminal and geographic profiling bang on. He was a white male with the same description as the killer (according to police notes) and was positively identified by a witness. Apparently there were any other circumstances connected with the man that made him a strong suspect, but details of these have either been lost or stored away in secret files that the public is forbidden to access. Also the Batty Street lodger story is interesting - Yet again, careful analogy points to one man; Aaron Kozminski.

You are right in saying that few women could possibly have done what Jack did. I cannot see any sense in the killer being a woman - first of all the motive is all wrong and not many many women would have been able to carry it out.
Your Grandma sounds like a right character!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog 1889   Walking the dog 1889 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walking the dog 1889
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum :: Suspects :: Aaron Kosminski-
Jump to: