Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Aaron gives to charity...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

Aaron gives to charity...  Empty
PostSubject: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:56 pm

See below, that an A. Kosminski contributed an amount of 1l. 1s. 0d. for the re-building of the Old Castle Street Synagogue. How cute... If he is the Ripper, he does have some good in him at least.

Spoiler:

Source: The Jewish Standard, November 14, 1890, Page 2
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:31 pm

That was so kind of him. Proof that people can be good. Even people that might be serial killers.

(Um, what is 1l. 1s?)
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:36 pm

It's the amount of money. It's old currency - I can try and work out how much that is in pounds and convert it to dollers. (We scrapped shillings years ago because the coin isn't worth much at all any more due to inflation.)
But I couldn't believe it!! Sort of funny really - the 'bad boys' tend to have a soft spot somewhere in their hearts, like Al Capone donated loads of money to charity, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Ah, ya. Inflation has gotten bad. (Lol, I made a POM short about inflation. XD It's 10x funnier than it sounds. XDDD)
I think everybody has a soft spot. Bad or not.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Well, one shilling is about 5p ^^ Not sure how much that is in dollers but it's about 0.8 dollars. Sounds quite hilarious now donating 5p to charity! XD Hahahahaa!

Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Lol, ya, but I'm sure it was more money back then, but now, it does sound kinda funny. XD
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Oh yeah, of course it was worth more back then! You could stay in the doss house for 4p a night, if you get it into perspective. So maybe it was about a £10 I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Ya, It still is really generous that he gave to charity.
Lol, I relized that since to me, the L looking symbol looks weird to me, so this-> $ must look weird to you. XD
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:27 pm

The good old British pound... £
Actually, I learnt how to write $ first, strangely enough because I see it everywhere, so it's not too strange! XD

I'm wondering where he got the money from, since he lived on the benefit of his family and they must have provided him with money I'm guessing. I might just give that place a visit some time next time I go to Whitechapel and see what his money went into restoring!
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Really? Huh. Ya, the american dollar is everywhere because us Americans love to travel. XD
Hm, maybe he earned it himself? Not sure. Tell me what you find out when you go there!
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Also since you're a huge superpower with your influences everywhere! C:

He might have worked as a night guard for Woolf's tailor business it has been suggested, so maybe he got a little 'pocket money' for that.
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Ya, but some countries hate us and some people think we need to learn chinese because China might take over. I personally don't think that will happen.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder what made him decide to do give to charity all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Maybe he was feeling guilty, but then again, maybe not. He was in a bad state of mind then, but he might have hit a period where he was slightly better since he pops up again being arrested for walking an unmuzzled dog through Spitalfields. (Which apparently was a friend's and didn't belong to him) I'll post the incident. It's hilarious when he acts all cheeky to wriggle out of the fine. His family might have encouraged him as well, you never know. Or he just randomly felt like it. XD
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 pm

True. Wow, arrested for walking an unmuzzled dog?
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Yeah, it was illegal then. I'll make a new thread. It's quite funny to discuss. XD
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm

kk, I'll probably be on for only another 10 minutes, so I don't know if I will have time to reply to it, but i'll try to. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron gives to charity...    Aaron gives to charity...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aaron gives to charity...
Page 1 of 1