Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

GIMP Animating Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

GIMP Animating Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Here is step by step how to animate on GIMP.
This is how to make a waving emoticon:

1) Open GIMP
2) Create a new image (Whether or not you want it to be transparent is up to you)--->
Spoiler:
3) Make a circle selection. --->
Spoiler:
4) Fill the selection with any color --->
Spoiler:
5) Turn off the selection. You can do that by selecting the fuzzy selection tool and clicking anywhere in the empty space outside of the layer.
6) Paint a simple face on the circle --->
Spoiler:
This is the background. It's the base for every layer.
7) Copy the background layer and paste it --->
Spoiler:
8.) Click the new layer button in the bottom left hand corner of the layer menu to turn the floating layer into a normal layer.
9) Do it several times until you have this many layers --->
Spoiler:
10) Select the layer that should be labeled as Pasted Layer#4 and paint some feet on it that are slightly darker than the face --->
Spoiler:
11) Select the layer that should be labeled Pasted Layer#3 and paint the bottom foot in the same spot as Layer 4. Paint the top foot slightly to the left. You won't be able to see it yet --->
Spoiler:
12) Turn the visibility off on Pasted Layer#4 by clicking on the eye next to it. You should now be able to see Pasted Layer#3.
13) Select Pasted Layer#2 and do the same thing you did for step 11.
14) Turn the visibility off on Pasted Layer#3. Now you can see Pasted Layer#2.
15) Select Pasted Layer#1 and do the same thing you did for steps 11 and 13.
16) Turn the visibility off on Pasted Layer#2 so you can see Pasted Layer#1.
17) Select Pasted Layer and do the same thing you did for steps 11, 13, and 15.
18) Once you have finished doing step 17, select Pasted Layer#1 and copy it and paste it. Click on the new layer button to turn it into a normal layer.
19) Drag the layer down until it's just above the background layer. --->
Spoiler:
20) Select Pasted Layer#2 and do the same thing you did on step 18.
21) Drag the layer down until it's above the background layer
22) Select Pasted Layer #3 and do the same thing you did on step 18 and 20.
23) Drag the layer down until it's above the background layer.
24) Turn the visiblity off on every layer except Pasted Layer#4.
25) Select the background layer and paint the feet in the same spots of the feet you can see from Pasted Layer#4.
25) Click save but save it as a .gif --->
Spoiler:
26) A window will pop up, make sure save as animation is up and click export --->
Spoiler:
27) Another window will open, ignore it and just hit save.
28) It should look like this ---> GIMP Animating Tutorial Title_11

Last edited by funworld4 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 pm

This is great!! Thanks!! I had a problem, but then I resolved it by going to windows!! Silly me! XDD
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 pm

If you ever get confused, just ask me.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

GIMP Animating Tutorial Jtr_110

I did it!! Hyper
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:06 am

Lol, sweet!! That's awesome!! XD
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:22 am

funworld4 wrote:
Lol, sweet!! That's awesome!! XD

Thanks! He looks so twisted, doesn't he?! XD I had to make his eyes spread to make him look even more psychotic!
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:50 pm

You did a great job! You're better than I am! Lol, JtR and his psychoticness.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Really? Thank you! I'm thinking about animating something longer next time!! It might get a little complicate though! XD I'll pick a cartoon and animate it... and see how that goes!! My little project! XD
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Lol, I'm thinking about doing that too when I have time. ^^
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:22 pm

You should!! I just have to find the time! I'm addicted to making animations now! XDD
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Ya, Do you wanna an animation I made on Blender? (3d animation software)
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Oh, I'd love to see it! What's it about? I can't wait to start using my software too! It's about time I started animating anyway, since it's what I want to do, be it making the storyboards or using the sowtware!
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Ya, blender is fun. It's free, and barely takes up any room on my computer. ^^
Well, I couldn't figure out how to play it back, so here's a screenshot of it.

Behold!!
Spoiler:
My crapy fireflies. XD I was watching a tutorial and I learned how to make particals, and I was like, "they look like fire flies if they're yellow. XD So that's where that came out of, You can see my attempt at a sky was a fail XD
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Awww! Pretty!! That looks really cool! I'm so excited for my own one now!! I have loads of ideas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks! Most of the fireflies kept going through the wall- I mean sky. XD. Hey, for my animation of you and JtR, can you see if you can draw yourself in the cartoony way you draw your JtR cartoons? do you think you can draw a pic of yourself with your back turned facing the right, not paying attention, and another pic of how you would look if you saw JtR? I'm not great at drawing in the cartoon way you do. If you can't, I'm sure I can figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Okay!! I'll scribble it now on GIMP!! *Plugs in tablet*
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Cool! I just drew Jack by taking a screen shot of one of your comics you uploaded on the HQ, putting it on gimp and using it as an outline. It worked quite well. ^^
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Spoiler:

Here it is! ^^ My tablet went a bit funny so I had to draw it by hand - which is why it took so long!! XD That's my new hair style as well! XD
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks! That's perfect!! Ugh, I realized I did something wrong and had to start all over. And then I ran into another problem on gimp. Do you know how to move something you've selected without it turning into another layer?

Epic, fail. XD I posted the this on the wrong thread. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm

You're welcome! ^^ And oh no!! I hate it when that happens! Mad
And to that problem; well, I'm kinda new on GIMP, but I've never attempted that before, so I have no idea! You could ask Queen! She's brilliant on GIMP!

Last edited by Mordke on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline
funworld4

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Ah, it's fine. I figured it out! ^^ It looks pretty good so far. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GIMP Animating Tutorial   GIMP Animating Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GIMP Animating Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum :: Miscellaneous Mischief :: Inmate Creativity-
Jump to: