Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Empty
PostSubject: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 pm

This movie, directed by Bob Clark in 1979, combines the theory of the Free Masons and the murders being committed to cover up the prince's illegitamete child. It also has Sherlock Holmes and his friend Dr. Watson in it.

The back says:

When Scotland Yard is unable to stop the gruesome rampage of Jack the Ripper, a citizens' committee asks Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) and his trusted associate Dr. Watson (James Mason) to investigate. But even if Holmes' remarkable powers of deduction can unmask the maniacal fiend, can he and Watson face the most shocking secret of all? Find out in this masterful suspense thriller directed by Bob Clark (A Christmas Story) that both fans and critics have called the most exciting and original Sherlock Holmes movie ever made.

Since I could not find the movie online to show yall, I'll supply you with the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJIRu2pDE3I&fmt=18

The world's smartest detective goes against history's most allusive killer. Place your bets.

Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:42 pm

Wow!! That sounds awesome!! I need to get my dad to download that!! Thank you for showing me!

I would like to think Jack the Ripper wins! xD But IDK...
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:06 am

XD You'll just have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Haha - I'm going to ask him when he gets back from work - we just had people round (Hell if you ask me) and I couldn't mention poor old Jacky to them then. I'm really anxious to see this - Just don't tell me they cast the Ripper old like they did in 'From Hell.' I was fangirling so much - until they revelaed Sir. Willium Gull. Shocked What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Sir William Gull? Who is he, and why is he a bad pick for Jack?

I can't find the name of the guy who plays Jack in this one.

On that note, it seems like they focus on the Masons and the search for Jack more than they do Jack himself. That I do not like, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:08 pm

The wonderful thing about films is that one can make up what is true. Facts can get in the way and so can real names.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:42 pm

That's what I find great with media - of course, I like a film on Jack the Ripper to stay as close to the facts as possible, but it is great beings there is the opportunity to speculate and make the plot line more interesting. I do the same with my 50+ Ripper cartoons I'm making, just changing the events slightly to add to the comic effect.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:52 pm

As long as we keep reality(whatever that is) apart from fiction, we're okay. Of course, the better the film is, the greater its influence. Thanks to Oliver Stone, people thaink New Orleans District Attorney (portrayed by Kevin Costner in JFK) was a suffering hero rather than obsessed and deluded. A great film which rewrote events to Stone's interpretation.
I also heard from a number of people who are convinced the world will end in 2012 as per one of the many Mayan calenders (I think there were 32) out there.
Oh, well--one person's hobby is another's compulsion. It all depends on what rock you stand in the sea of confusion. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Couldn't agree more. I know at first thought people would recoil in horror at an animated film or cartoon series on Jack the Ripper, as they have done until I explained it to them in detail, but I have always found a light hearted approach to such events and have a knack of making something shockingly violent into a humerous and 'OMG lol!' moment. My ambition is to get into the animation industry and perhaps in the future propose a film outlining Kozminski as the Ripper, putting a sypathetic yet at the same time amusing periphery to his dissorder and adding an uplififtingly clever and intricate twist that is much needed to give the film that edge. Speaking to people about the murders, it appears they have the wrong kind of idea on them. Of course they are something to be taken seriously, but it makes for a nice idea.
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:57 pm

I agree. *Who is that attorney guy?* I too like making dark and gory things light hearted, it makes things enjoyable to me.

On the possible film: fantastic, but wouldnt it add to it to make it dark and somewhat frightening? I'd imagine that time was dark and the people were frightened.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah - I was going to put that in too to reflect the mood under Jack the Ripper's reighn of terror, although I wouldn't have the whole film shot in the dark because I find that annoying! The darkness would also be able to cover up the worst of the mutilations if it's for younger people! xD

And - I've not seen the film so I'm not sure, but I've heard of him before once before this. Can't recall off the top of my head though.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Mel Brooks made the Spainish Inquosition funny in (I think) History of the World, Part 1(there was never going to be a Part 2). You can see that scene online by searching for Spainsh Inquosition Brooks on the net. Don't know how old that film is, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)   Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murder by Decree (A Jack the Ripper film)
Page 1 of 1