Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Star the Ripper's art

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

Star the Ripper's art Empty
PostSubject: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:03 am

*Feel free to edit this and post your art! =D*
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks!

Here are my OCs Alex Kiru and Jack Mourn. Jack Mourn is my version of JTR, not based on any of the suspects, just my own image of how I'd imagine him to look. Alex is my character for any stories I write/wrote.

Originally her name was Ameya Shagomaru, and her brothers name was Alex Kiru. But now that I started on my new JTR story I removed her brother from the story and gave her the name Alex Kiru instead. It's much more normal then Ameya Shagomaru.

Star the Ripper's art Alex_and_jack_by_star_the_ripper-d3blnwb
Back to top Go down
http://star-the-ripper.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:20 am

Glad to have helped! ^^ Love the design! ^^ I can't wait to read your story as well! It sounds and looks great!
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 am

I'll probably be posting it on dA, but will definetly be posting updates on here every time a chapter goes up. Any other JTR art I do I'll post on here. :]
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:28 am

You could post it on here too under fan fiction! That would be great !^^ I can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:14 am

Drew this one way long ago, almost a year ago for a friend of mine who is writing a great fanfiction called Kidney Pie, it's a JtR/Sweeney Todd cross over. Anywho just remembered about today so figured to post it. It's Jack from Kidney Pie looking a little drunk but very huggable.

Though I just realized one of his eyes looks a bit bigger than the other one. Oops. Oh well. ^_^

Star the Ripper's art 102_3710
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Aww! I was the one who reminded you of it, wasn't I? When I was looking through your work the other day! ^^ I would hug JtR anyway... :3 But this one just looks super cute! Rarely do people draw him in that kind of light, which is sad really because whatever happened, JtR's story must have been rather trajic.
And don't worry about the eye - if you don't point it out, people usually don't notice. ;)
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Yes, you did remind me of it. I drew it forever ago, and completely forgot about it. More people need to draw and write about JtR. It's sad how few good fanfics are out there about him.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 pm

I feel the same way. I mean, most works turn him into a total monster, which annoys me when I see it. Of course what he did was wrong, but he's human too, and something deeply disturbing must have happened to him to behave like that, so obviously his actions were from victim to victimiser, so what most people fail to realise is that JtR is arguably as much a victim as the poor prostitutes who died, although Jack the Ripper wasn't murdered... (But even that is uncertain) Also I hate it when things get blatently obvious facts wrong. That really ticks me when they can't be bothered to carry out research!
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:30 am

Ugh! Don't get me started on people getting facts wrong. I've seen stories with such BS in them that it's not even funny. What gets me even more is when they claim they know what they're talking about when clearly they don't.

And yes, most of the stories and art out there makes him look like a horrible guy who was just a madman and a murderer. Which I'm not arguing with, but it takes a lot to make someone like that. So I guess I just feel bad for him, and feel as though I understand him. Plus I'm perfectly for him cleaning up the trash, who needs those whores anyways. If I could, I'd bring him back to this day and age and hand him a list of new victims to go after. (along with hugs and a place to stay).
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:01 am

Ugh, totally agree with everything - I dislike those kinds of people who don't take the time to read their History! I've come across quite a few people like that. I mean, if they were me, I'd make sure to read up on it first so that I don't get anything wrong and can expand of it or prove a point. Not, just pretend what happened never happened.

I feel like I understand him too, and reading about him makes me feel so deeply sorry for him. It seems like I've got a sort of emotional attachment with him, since he was one of those different, lonely and misunderstood people I guess, and so am I to some extent, just no where near what he must have gone through. I would do the same for him, and give him some love and a hug and let him stay with me too, although my parents seem to hate him, especially my mum who can't understand what I see in him.
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:27 am

What I hate the most is the people who keep claiming he raped his victims. That just makes me mad. There is no evidence of that! That's one of the reasons that I like him so much I guess, b/c unlike most serial killers of such "people" (if you can even call them that) he didn't rape them, he just killed them for the sake of killing them. There was nothing sexual about it. Which to me shows he has standards and wouldn't sleep with some random trash, and that makes me very proud of him.

And my mom hate him too. When I first learned about him and started obsessing she thought it was a phase that would soon pass. But when four to five years later I'm still just as crazy about the guy, well that's when she really started not being to thrilled with it.

Now I don't mention him much to her, don't see a point in it. But she still hates how for years my answering machine on my cell said: "you have reached the voice mail box of Star the Ripper, please leave a message after the beep."
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Ugh- don't get me started on that! I can't stand it when practically the whole of my year group ask why I like a RAPIST serial killer! And when I try to explain in the most calm way possible after such an outrageous insult as that, they claim that I'm getting the facts wrong!! I mean, we'd just studied him in History and the History teacher said that he DIDN'T rape them! I don't understand them sometimes!
And you're right, he killed them becaue of the mutilations- and even though he targeted the genital area and may have derived some sort of pleasre from mutilating them, he most certainly did not perform any sexual activity on the prostitutes and no semen was ever found at the crime scene. That's what makes me feel so sympathetic towards JtR, and where my interest for him sets him apart from any other serial killer I could have become obsessed with. He has that something special, so I can totally see where you're coming from because I feel the same.

That sounds so like me to include something JtR in my answer machine! I never use my cell much, so there's not much point in me doing that, but you've just given me ideas... Mwahaha I was having this conversation over lunch with my mum just now and she said it was when I started putting him into every other sentence for long periods of time where she suddenly went off him entirely. With me she knows that if I reach a stage early on in the obsession there's no turning back, and it was from that point where she started showing a genuine dilike for him. Parents should just accept that that's the way we are! I think it's also the subject matter tbh - she's fine with my brother's fossil obsession and whenever I tell him to stop going on about gonalites at the table (my brother does that to me, just with JtR) my mum tells me that it's his passion and he has the right to talk about it. -_-"
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Some Most people are just stupid.

I'm still trying to find a good explanation for why he focused so much on the mutilations, especially of the genital area, need to think of one that I can fit into my story somehow.

But it wasn't to see them suffer or anything like that since the cause of death in all 5 was their throat being cut, meaning if the mutilations happened after death then it must have been for some important reason.

As for the answering machine, well Star the Ripper has ever since 8th grade been the name I gave myself and have used for everything, so naturally when someone calls me my answering machine would say "Star the Ripper" not "Santa".

Not sure if I told you already or not, but yes, my first name is Santa. When naming me, my mom had no clue we'd ever move to the USA and didn't know that here people would make fun of me for it.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Couldn't agree more! xD

Well, I think the mutilations and the specific targeting of the genital area was a result of his twisted fantasies that he lived off, and murdering the prostitutes was acting them out. I think the murders were a result of a complicated mix of events that happened to him and emotions leaving him feeling utterly helpless and lost in his own world. I think he must have had a mental illness on top of that as well, as I don't think a sane man could have carried them out really. Not like that. But obviously he wasn't killing to make them suffer. The fact that they were killed off pretty fast, and the failed Stride murder leaving him no choice but to find another prostitute to mutilate gives us an indication that their lives simply did not matter to him; it was what he wanted to do with them which was what he got a kick out of.

I never knew your name was Santa! I've not known anybody with that name before. I'm sorry that people picked on you because of it. :( Because my mum is Swedish and my dad is English, they tried hard to think of names for me and my brother that fitted in both countries so that we wouldn't be picked on - and lucky too because I would be even worse off then!
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:45 am

That does make sense. Back when I wrote my first JtR story (2 years ago) I couldn't think of a good explanation so I ended up deciding to make him have Multiple Personality Disorder. It was actually a theory I had since like 9th grade. Mainly because if he was truly so psycho and had a mental illness, he's probably be more obvious and then caught. But somehow he managed to not be caught meaning he was normal enough to avoid the cops.

In general, his style of murder is very messy, spur of the moment kinda thing, but at the same time he doesn't seem completely disorganized. That's why at first I went with the multiple personality thing.

I hate my name. It means saint, and my mom and a few others like to tell me it's a perfect fit for me because I hate people and want to kill most of them, but when it come to animals I love them and rescue anything and everything.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:16 pm

I think JtR probably had schizophrenia mixed in with being a psychophath. That way he had the characteristics of a disorganised serial killer but also had the ability to hide that he was ill to some extent, and hide the nature of his fantasies and delusions. If he had been blatantly obvious then the prostitutes would never have walked off with him, however he wouldn't have needed to do much; just say 'I'll give you a shilling for a blowjob' and they would have walked off with him. Examples of organisation are cutting the throat in such a way that he avoided the worst of the blood splatter.

If you dislike your name, you could always change it to something you like better, unless you're happy to accept it. In Swedish it translates almost directly.
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 pm

That does sound pretty possible.

Ugh, trying to start on chapter one has been just a pain. I have no idea what to start it with. I have so much of the story planned out, just didn't work out how to actually start it. I'm torn between starting with Alex and introducing her into the story or waiting to bring her in till a bit later and starting with Jack and some more of his past. What do you think?

I'm not sure about my name being changed. Since I was little I wanted to change it to Ameya, but since then have gotten used to Santa. Now I'm debating between keeping it or changing it to Alexandra.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I think you should start by going deeper into Jack and then introduce Alex later- that way we get more development of his character and then we hear about Alex and get an impression of her from Jack's perspective before we meet her!

I mean, if your name remains a problem, then move Santa to your middle name and then change your first name to Alexandra. But if you're now having any problems and don't mind, then keep it as Santa.
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:58 pm

I think I'll do that. Probably spend the next chapter working out all the details of his past and his personality, and will go from there.

Not sure what to do about the name for now, but I got time to think on it.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:10 am

You have plenty of time to think about it. And that sounds like a good plan!
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Star the Ripper's art P1300310
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Awww! That's great! He looks really cute like that and the knife just makes it insanely adorable! x'D
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Star-just write chapter 1. After you finish chapter 2, throw 1 away. Two different novelists have told me that's how they do it. Both are successful enough that if they didn't need insurance and child support payments they could leave their "real" jobs.
After you finish chapter 3, decide if you need a full expository chapter 1 or if you can get by with a sketchy prologue.
Back to top Go down
Star the Ripper
Witness
Witness
Star the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Mordke, thanks, I'm glad you like it! I can't wait to mess with it in Photoshop. Gonna upload a new version of the Kidney Pie JtR pic now that I've edited it in Photoshop.

cacaobrain, I'm not sure about writing it that way to be honest. I'm glad it worked for those who did it, but I'm not looking to turn my writing into a career. Just writing a fan fiction, b/c I love what I'm writing about. Though I will keep this advice in mind, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star the Ripper's art   Star the Ripper's art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star the Ripper's art
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum :: The Art of Murder :: Fan Art-
Jump to: