Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Left or right handed? The confusion begins...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:16 pm

...After much thought....I've realized I need to ask this question: Does it really matter what hand he used?
Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:19 pm

To identify or eliminate possible suspects, yes.
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Anybody want to throw around that he might be ambidextrous?
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:34 pm

He could be, but it's hard to say. I know in those times left handedness was considered to do with the devil and was deeply discouraged, so there is the possibility that he learnt to use both. Being a leftie myself, I've learnt to cut with right handed scissers, use right handed tin openers etc... with my left hand, meaning that I can do all the same actions as a right handed person with the other hand. I also wear a rist watch on the left hand and use my right hand to put it on, so this is a very credible point.
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:46 am

^^ so ambidextrious is a possibility then?
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:58 pm

It is a possibility, yes. Being a disorganised serial killer, I also think that maybe events such as the Stride murder fell out of his usual routine and mabye he grabbed her differently as she struggled, so that might expalin the slight differencing in which hands he used. Either that or Stide simply was not a Ripper victim, although I tend to support the idea that she is.
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's co-pilot
Jack the Ripper's co-pilot
shikaruchan

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 3:31 am

iheartslashers wrote:
^^ so ambidextrious is a possibility then?
yes it is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Redmist
Prostitute
Prostitute

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Hi all,
just joined tonight,I have been reading up on Jack the Ripper for years now and at the start was on the side that thought he was left handed(I am another left hander myself) as that was the general impression of the early experts.
Lately though I am starting to believe the Ripper was right handed from the direction of the first cuts.
At least they seem to have been done by the same killer which ever hand he used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left or right handed? The confusion begins...   Left or right handed? The confusion begins... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left or right handed? The confusion begins...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum :: General Jack the Ripper :: What's up Doc?-
Jump to: