Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan
Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

JtR's fangirl club! xxx

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:58 am

I wanna join, plz! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://iheartslashers.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Of course my Ripper lover!! *Grins and adds to list*
Saucy Jacky will be pleased to meet another fangirl of his on the interweb! lol I was made to believe I was the only one at school and I'm treated like a freak there! But there's just something so adorable about him!! <333 *Drools*
Back to top Go down
https://jacktherippersasylum.forumotion.com
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:37 pm

For want of a better place, lets hit here. Must be end of term and exams taking up all the posting time. The weekend appears particularly sparse.
Are we waiting for a specific date?Frazzle me, you drop-and-choppers!
(Don't ask;i have no idea what it means, either.)
Back to top Go down
Twilight
Watkins
Watkins
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:21 pm

I want to join too! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://trixiemegatoon.deviantart.com/
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Okay! ^^ I'll add you to the list Twi! Very Happy

And Cacaobrain - I have my GCSEs (exams that give me a finishing grade determening my chances for higher education and employment) at the moment, so I really don't have a lot of time online for this month since my dear mother prevets me from getting distracted from revision by cutting out almost all of my computer time, and in that I spend a lot of time drawing (working on a Disney Jack the Ripper at the moment! x'D).
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Good for dear old mom--one day you'll thank her. Not now, some day.
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Aw. TT I hope you do well on them!

School ended today...whooooooo!

*sry ^^;*
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:40 am

@ Cacaobrain - Yeah, I will! I'm already glad because I wouldn't be getting as good results in the exams otherwise.

And ihearslashers - Yay! I've drawn a Jack the Ripper Disney style and I'll upload it soon! He's sooo cute! ^^
Back to top Go down
iheartslashers
Watkins
Watkins
iheartslashers

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:17 am

YAY! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Okay - I'll upload it! ^^
I have me there next to him in Disney style as well! ^^

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:30 pm

It's fascinating how a hundred plus years add a respectable aura to a psycho slasher. This unknown figure has been placed atop a pedestal as we futilly search for the face that goes with it.
Of course, we're doing it now. Given the right Youtube slot, any crazy can obtain celebrity status.We also forget about a lot of them pretty quickly.
Jack has endured, I think, because of his secret identity and all of the written, detailed accounts that fired the imaginations of those who delved into Jack lore and repeated it for succeeding generations.
I'll wager that if someone had a snapshot--make that a video--of Jack at work, fans would be arguing why it isn't really that person or that he's doing for or with some other person.
There was a movie, Time After Time, I think where Jack, who is upper class, uses H.G.Wells time machine to escape to the (then) current San Francisco. Wells follows and defeats him and finds love.
Which is the real reason Jack was never identified and Wells became dissatisfied with the future.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm

It's quite funny how the Ripper himself goes from a total nobody to become something that lives on to become perhaps the most infamous murderer of all time, and all because he was never caught. After reading a new book on Kozminski the other day, which secured my reasons for suspecting him to be the Ripper, I found that he fits like a glove. If you ever get the chance to read the book by Rob House (my Ripperologist idol) 'Jack the Ripper and the case for Scotland Yard's prime suspect' the reasons for believing Kozminski to be the Ripper become clear, but I think a lot of people don't want to believe him to be the Ripper because it takes the glamour away from it, and let's face it, for most people Aaron is a classic anti-climax. (If he actually is the Ripper, that is.)
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 pm

It's a shame, really. Our serial killers don't have the class of a Hannibal Lecter. Occasionally they'll have the charm of a Ted Bundy; but, for the most part, they're losers in every aspect of
life.
The unknowns and fiction are such great refuges, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:38 pm

I find that quite sad too. It seems like one motive for killing is that victim turned victimizer aspect, in that murder is the only way they can feel that they really have control over something, which is key to understanding what makes them tick. Quite often they're single too, and this could be for a variety of reasons. We know that our own JtR was most probably a lone wolf who had never had a relationship with a woman. I think he must have been quite a lonely person who was percieved as 'werid' somehow, and a bit of a dreamer.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:37 pm

A lot of what we do now would be considered weird in JtR's time, as would a lot of what was done back then would now be considered odd.
I am reminded of the time an engineer friend brought some UK "candies" to the lab. Our sorry American tastes failed to recognize toe concotions as edible, much less tasty.
Of course, properly prepared, sea slug is great and we love fish bait (crawfish) where I come from.
I'm quite at a loss to explain how I went from murderer to treats but I'll blame it on my qualitative analyzer.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:12 pm

There are many examples of changes in what people believe is acceptable in the jump of just over a hundred years, mainly due to the war and the acceleration of technology I would have thought. Although I do prefer Victorian sweets to the ones we have now; I went to a Victorian museum up in York a few years ago (Sadly I had barely heard of the name 'Jack the Ripper' so I didn't pay as much attention as I would have done now) but they had set up a Victorian street scene with typical shops and such that you could go into and in one of those you could buy some candied mice for 50p. I have since been craving another one, but sadly I would have to go all the way back to York and into the museum just to sample it again. Things were more pure and simple then and most certainly less full of additives. Though I think we have a lot to learn about respect from the Victorians in families; even I fall into the trap of answering back to my parents on a regular basis which would have been seen as terribly rude on a scale larger than it is today, and most modern families are not as close nit and we do not help out our parents or show respect for the elderly as much as we should do.
Since I am half Swedish, we have a crawfish month which we celebrate by eating whole packs of them with dill, but you can't really find them in England, which is a shame. So usually we can only eat them if we go to Sweden and stay with my Grandparents over the summer.
Back to top Go down
cacaobrain
Witness
Witness

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Were those real mice? Are they shaved or furry? Did it make you feel catty eating them?
Most things were purer, but not always, particularly when factory produced.(Read Sinclair Lewis on the meat industry in the U.S.) And sanitation may not have been up to our standards.
I always thought Swedes were cool and that they eat crawfish only strengthens that perception.
The French eat crawfish--of course, they eat snails, too.They've even imported Louisiana crawfish that have become an invasive species problem, displacing native breeds. Probably overpriced and not enough.
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper
Mordke

PostSubject: Re: JtR's fangirl club! xxx   JtR's fangirl club! xxx - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 am

Naah; the mice were candy - just sugar but shaped like mice! xD Although I would have eaten real mice becuase I love meat!

Of course the sanitation was most likely dreadful, but I suppose if you're brought up in that kind of environment your bodies become more immune to it; kids nowdays are more ill than they used to be because they're never exposed to much dirt shall I say.

And thank you for that! I wish we could get hold of crayfish more readily in England, but it's very rare to find them in the Supermarkets. I don't know why we don't eat them here too.
Back to top Go down

JtR's fangirl club! xxx
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum :: General Jack the Ripper :: Jack the Ripper fangirls (and boys)-
Jump to: